Although we’re in the midst of summer frolicking around in brightly colored… Everything… I must relinquish my true feelings about staying true to the classic black and white look. For some, it can be difficult trying to keep up with the “latest and greatest” trend (which is why you have us), but the one look that will never disappear is black and white.
So why do I love this classic look? Let me count the ways…
1) Never goes out of style – it’s a classic. It can never get “old” or “un-cool”
2) Crisp, clean, and chic – they’re simple yet appealing colors.
3) Great for any casual day – I often find myself wearing black and white to lunch meetings.
4) Adds sophistication and professionalism – if you’re a business gal or guy, you’re constantly worried about your wardrobe. You want to dress to impress! Whether it’s a job interview, a client meeting, a staff training, or a normal work day, you really can’t go wrong.
5) Can be worn day to night – ever browse your schedule and notice you have zero down time to change wardrobes? I find myself in this predicament on a regular basis which is why my go-to look is a cute, flattering, and slightly sexy casual black dress. It’s simple, but that brings me to my next bullet point.
6) Dress it up with any type of accessories – the sky is the limit! For the office, I love sprucing up my look with gold or silver jewelry. Adia Kibur’s Large H Shape Bracelet
adds a touch of beautiful sophistication. If I’m aiming to be a little flashier, I’d dress up my outfit with Suzanna Dai’s Casablanca Button Earrings
or Lionette’s Caesaria Blush Necklace
. Or if I want to really stand out, I’d combine a couple of eye-popping colors like PDB Jewelry’s Lily Gold Turquoise Ring
with Urban Posh’s pink Brielle Necklace
paired with my pink suede heels, of course!
7) Requires little effort – I’m the type who snoozes my alarm to the very last possible second causing complete chaos trying to scramble around and put myself together in time for my 9 am meeting. When this happens (and it happens a lot), I can usually shave a few minutes off my morning by choosing the classic black and white outfit because it doesn’t require a lot of thought (which can be challenging in the morning).
8) Slimming – I’m no super model so it’s always a plus when I can rely on this classic look to look slimmed down (even if I really have gained a couple pounds).
9) Looks amazing on anyone and everyone!
So there you have it. I encourage you to re-think your black and white wardrobe. It’s a lot of fun to transform a simple classic look into your own creative artwork!